Clean earthy … HandSpring60’s scent is a bit difficult to describe: an initial medicinal tea tree and lemon is then followed by a soothing mix of lavender and frankincense.
Ethyl alcohol (60%, cane)*, Distilled water, Fractionated coconut oil*, Essential oils (2%) of Tea tree*, Lavender*, Frankincense*, Lemon*.
—*CERTIFIED ORGANIC by Natural Food Certifiers, NY—
Some actions of the Ingredients:
- Ethyl Alcohol – kills germs, preservative.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil – antioxidant, anti-microbial, non-greasy moisturizer that quickly absorbs into skin.
- Tea Tree – antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anit-viral, wound healing, insect bites.
- Lavender – antimicrobial, antioxidant, calming effects, skin soother that accelerates healing of minor wounds, eases itchy insect bites.
- Frankincense (Serrata) – known as the king of essential oils!, immune booster, anti-inflammatory, painkiller.
- Lemon – antimicrobial, disinfectant, antioxidant.
Spray hands 2-3x and rub together to distribute. Do not store bottle in high heat (like a car). Avoid eyes.
Glass bottle – because essential oils can pull out toxins in plastic, aluminum & stainless steel., The sprayer has a low density polyethylene dip tube, made of type 4 plastic that is resistant to solvents and does not contain any known harmful chemicals. Unfortunately there are no glass dip tubes available.
Other Possible Uses
Besides sanitizing, HandSpring60 can also be used for other things like:
- Simply applying essential oils for their benefits alone like immune boosting or calming
- Freshening the air or yourself
- Using as a pre-elimination toilet spray to keep the smell down (spray a few sprays right onto the toilet water before eliminating)
- Repelling bugs
- Cleansing the area around a wound – but beware that due to the alcohol it will likely sting if applied to broken skin or wounds
Please note that the oils and ingredients in HandSpring60 make it more comparable to other blended essential oil based products on the market (like 10 ml roller ball blends with 2% essential oils that cost $15, etc), rather than to other hand sanitizers. This is important to consider when comparing prices. HandSpring is a bit niche for people who appreciate the power of essential oils and is not your ordinary hand sanitizer!
External use only. Avoid eyes. Flammable: do not use near flame or store in high heat. If irritation of any kind occurs after application, discontinue use.
Note that the currently recommended essential oil dilution for children under 2 is about .1-.5% (this product contains 2%). For children aged 3 months-2 yrs you could spray once and just use very sparingly, or you could dilute this solution to .5% with witch hazel or distilled water at a ratio of 1:3 (1 part HandSpring60 to 3 parts dilution liquid – this would also dilute the alcohol. Shake bottle before pouring any out to store or mix).
For more information on dilution guidelines search the web for “tisserand recommended dilutions for children”.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Please check the ingredients and use your judgement when applying to yourself or others.